The First Post

Hello reader. My name is Charlotte Needham and welcome to my new blog; "One Planet". After many years of having to force my opinions on others via small group chats or in person through heated debates, I have decided to cut a corner and simply place my views out in the open on the internet. 

I am deeply concerned by the global climate crisis and the issues that all of humanity must address in order to be able to survive and continue to evolve. The subject of the relationship between climate and human activity is a vast topic of which my knowledge is limited but as I learn I will be sharing my new knowledge and my new opinions, as research and time alters my perspective. 

I will be aiming to add a new post every week and although I will be avoiding "preachy" language, I am ultimately writing this as a form of scientific journal, so I apologise in advance for any times where readers may feel targeted by any heavy opinions. 

My research and experiences for the time being will be focussed on issues regarding rewilding Britain as I am working closer to home. However, this doesn't mean I will not be taking time to look into topics further afield. In particular, the extremely carbon-rich tropics are under serious threat because of human activity and I will be taking time to read up on these areas as well. 

Anyway, without further ado, welcome to this page and I hope you will enjoy/tolerate my stressed ecologist's notes as I attempt to figure out just how I, one young woman, can make the biggest difference I possibly can in keeping our one planet alive for future generations, human or otherwise. 

Comments

  1. Hello Charlotte. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in volunteering and the topic of ecology. It was good to go through your post and the concern you have about the global climate crises. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city wit a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We wouldl love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I AM SURE WITH your interest to volunteer you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the New year 2020. My email id is:dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Anthropocene